2007년 10월 27일 토요일

An Exuberant Rookie

Since I saw him, I was toying with the idea of purchasing him.
Because when I heard the price, it was relatively affordable for a Diamondback Terrapin of the size.
However, the price still was steep, compared with other semi-aquatic turtles.
One day, I felt that it wasn't that bad deal because she was already grown a little but I was being offered almost a-hatchling-price.
Finally, I decided to adopt her.
One thing I noticed about Diamondback Terrapin was that they must be really active in the water.
Their paws are more like webfeet of sea turtles.
This one I bought is Nothern Diamondback Terrapin.
In Korea, most of imported Diamondback Terrapins are Nothern because they are most common and lowest in price value.
She so active, when I release her in a room, she don't stop moving around.
She was little bit ill when I adopted, so I'm letting her rest warm and dried at night.

댓글 없음: